středa 2. listopadu 2011

Outdoor Adventure Photography

My photography style is outdoor adventure. I love being outdoors for extended periods and documenting events which unfold before my lens. This genre, called "participatory photography", was pioneered by late Galen Rowell. I learned a lot from his work, reading all his books during last decade. I tried hard to put into practice philosophy of outdoor adventure he so lively described in his work.

Participatory photography means that a photographer is a part of a scene being photographed. He doesn't take pictures as an outsider, but rather as an active participant of events happening in front of his lens.

All my previous effort would come to naught if I hadn't combined a passion for Romania with a passion for photography. And, without befriending local adventurers and photographers as well.

Only through this connection it became apparent that there could be something more than mere pictures posted on my web album, which I could share with the world.

Out of blue I have gotten an offer which is a kind of a dream job. It relates to outdoor adventure photography.

On these pictures you can see what outdoor adventure photography can be about.


On my future trips with interested people I wouldn't probably get things so far, as it is illustrated on pictures from an extreme winter adventure in the wilds of the Nemira Range.


It is a great joy to be on an outdoor adventure focused on photography with a small group of friendly people.

If you find yourself interested in my future adventures, they will be provided here, later this year. http://www.idif.cz/cs/expedice.php

All three pictures are by courtesy of my romanian partner, Ioan Stoenica. http://ioanstoenica.wordpress.com/2011/11/01/ploua-infernal-si-eu-colindam-prin-padureeeee-singur-in-penteleu/

2 komentáře:

  1. What can I say more - a job where you can do the exact thing you love and desire - what more can one ask for? I envy you, not to mention that you've seen more of Romania than I have. :)

    OdpovědětVymazat
  2. Thank you! You don't need to have an envy, you live there in Romania, close to those beautiful mountains and our common friends.;-D Speaking about the future job, it's just an outline. I still don't know where it will lead me. It can results in something which will pay for my bills, but who knows that for sure. I will keep my day job in next year.

    OdpovědětVymazat