úterý 22. listopadu 2011

Godeanu-weekend trip

I
 I got a crazy idea to go to Romanian Mountains only for the weekend. I asked my friend-photographer in Timisoara to join me on the trip. He has proposed Godeanu Mountains as our destination. His friend Dan joined us. On Saturday morning we left Timisoara, drove to Godeanu and climbed the ridge. After setting up our basecamp, all three of us headed for Varfu Olanelor to take photographs. In the morning the scenario repeated itself with sun and earth's shadow in opposite positions. In mid-morning we retreated from the ridge and went back to Timisoara.
At basecamp below Varfu Olanelor in Godeanu Mountains.

 Semenic massif seen from Varfu Olanelor over foggy valleys.


HDR image taken at sunset on Varfu Olanelor.


Photographer at Varfu Olanelor.


Photographer has to move around quickly to take advantage of the best light.


Semenic massiv after sunset, when the light was at it's best.

Magic moments high on the mountain.

Parang and Valcan seen at dawn from Godeanu.

Before sunrise in Godeanu, Varfu Olanelor.


Oslea Romaneasca and Piatra Glosanilor at dawn from Varfu Olanelor.

As a bonus I saw Buila-Vanturarita, where I have been in August.



A pile of rocks is reminding me "mani" stones in Tibet. Sven Hedin's (explorer in early 20th century) photographs from Chang Thang looks similar.

Before we leave the place I got taken my portrait by Dan.


4 komentáře:

  1. The first photograph is stunning, it's my favourite from this trip!

    OdpovědětVymazat
  2. Thank you, Andrei! I am glad that you like the image of our base camp. It was a great place to be at!

    OdpovědětVymazat
  3. Do you use Y!Messenger? I'd love to talk some more in real time. :)

    OdpovědětVymazat
  4. No, Andrei, I have never used any real talk via the internet. I use gmail talk (chat), via my e-mail adress.

    OdpovědětVymazat