úterý 8. listopadu 2011

Autumn in Malá Fatra

A few pictures from my most recent solo trip in mountains of Slovakia. I experienced cloudy and windy weather on the first day and sunny weather on the second day.

Autumn grasses blowing in the wind.


A look under the cloud layer revealed that in nearby Velká Fatra mountains was clear weather.

Velký and Malý Rozsutec. I climbed the lower peak on next day in perfect weather.

Due to bad weather and a state of exhaustion I descended into the valley on the trail leading along the cableway. The total lenght of the cableway is 1850 m and altitude difference between the top and bottom is 750 m.
Common tourist went down on cableway. I had no envy, I wanted to experience the mountains on their own terms, not inside artificially introduced facilities.

From valley it was difficult to find a good position to capture moon with the peaks. This angle was the only possibility.

For this image I put two ND grad filters at once over the lens in order to prolong the exposure time. It added a sense of movement to the image.


On the next day I climbed Malý Rozsutec peak (1343 m) in perfect weather. I got my reward.

Velký Rozsutec peak (1610 m) from a side of malý Rozsutec peak. Unfortunately I was after catchin my train home on time, so I had no time to climb the inviting peak.
Including a sunstar adds a drama to scenes in mid-day, thus saving the day for a photographer.
Fall colours below Osnica peak.



Even though I was in a hurry I took time to take pictures. I had to run last hundred meters to catch my train. Catching the train was a kind of a game, because half and hour before it's departure I still was 3,5 km away from the station.

At the end I catched my train and the trip was a succes, even though I took no photos at dawn and dusk, as I planned at the beginning.



Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat